Friday 22 April 2016

Blackberry and raspberry muffins

I’m through a difficult period as my dad is in hospital in Rome, I am constantly worried about him and I have traveled back and forth to Italy to stay with him and help my mother and sister. At the same time I’m keeping up with my job and the house work.
In this mayhem trying new recipes is my way to relax. Here are two slightly different muffin recipes I have recently tested at home. I brought some of the muffins with me to Rome, my dad loved them.

Blackberry muffins
You need: 100 g of melted butter, 250 g of flour, 4 eggs, 1 tsp of baking powder, 150 g of blackberries, 200 g of golden granulated sugar, 100 g of ground almonds, 100 g of grated white chocolate, some drops of vanilla extract, icing sugar to finish.
Put aside 12 blackberries and simmer the rest in a pan for 15 minutes with one tbsp of water and half of the sugar. Beat the eggs and the rest of the sugar; add the flour, baking powder, melted butter, white chocolate and ground almonds. Finally add the vanilla extract and the cooked blackberries. Prepare a muffin tray lined with 12 muffin paper cases. Scoop the mixture in the cases and place a blackberry on top of each. Bake for 30 minutes, 150 °C.

Raspberry muffins
You need: 200 g of raspberries, 250 g of flour, 2 eggs, 1 tsp of baking powder, 200 g of golden granulated sugar, 4 tbsp of olive oil, some drops of vanilla extract, icing sugar to finish.

Again put aside 12 raspberries and simmer the rest in a pan for 15 minutes with one tbsp of water and half of the sugar. Beat the eggs and the rest of the sugar; add the flour, baking powder, olive oil, the vanilla extract and the cooked raspberries. Prepare a muffin tray lined with 12 muffin paper cases. Scoop the mixture in the cases and place a raspberry on top of each. Bake for 30 minutes,150°C.

No comments:

Post a Comment